Thursday, November 18, 2010

Today's Showing for Human Trafficking Film Series

Svetlana’s Journey:
By: Michael Cory Davis
The chilling true story of a 13 year old girl who is held captive for 8 months by pimps after being sold and trafficked by her adopted parents for sex slavery.
“This is when I received my first true training and learning experiences about the
effect of human trafficking on the psyche of a human being.  I met amazing children
who were robbed of their ability to trust others. I saw in them an undeniable
 strength, which perplexed me after the horrifying experiences they faced.”
 – Michael Davis after hearing Svetlana’s story.
Showing at Foster – Martin(Global Village)
Classroom 012B
Thur., Nov. 18, 2010, 6–8 pm
The Human Trafficking Film Series is sponsored by
the Global Village and The Center for the Study of Global Change
Stepanka Korytova is an International Studies
guest lecturer from the Czech Republic
Questions?  Contact Dr. Korytova (stepkory@indiana.edu).

No comments:

Post a Comment