The Indiana University Parents Fund has donated $50,000 to assist with housing expenses for students participating in non-paid, summer internships in U.S. cities. Please help us market this opportunity to students who might qualify and benefit from this assistance. Qualified students may receive up to $3,000 in grants. This program is for Summer 2013 only.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
· Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
· Be a rising senior or rising junior, with preference given to upper-class students
· Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
· Demonstrate proof of financial need and qualify for a Pell Grant; FAFSA must be on file
· Participate in a non-paid internship in the United States, with preference given to students participating in internships that are over 100 miles or more from their permanent or Bloomington address
· Complete a career plan that describes how the internship will assist in their career goals
· Complete a budget for the costs of participating in the internship, especially housing costs
· Complete the internship and all requirements of the internship including the signing of the internship agreement. If the internship requirements are not met, students will need to repay the grant
The internship must:
· Be both non-paid and meet the academic internship guidelines (See "Q398 Requirements") established by the Career Development Center
· Be at least 32 hours per week, and last at least 9 weeks
Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 19, 2013. To apply, visit here.