GESI provides a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on communities abroad, while earning Northwestern academic credit. GESI attracts the most passionate and capable students from across the country, and I would appreciate your help in spreading the word about this international program at Indiana University - Bloomington.
Here are the GESI basics:
What: GESI participants design and implement a community development project with their host community and a small, interdisciplinary team of talented students from across the country.
Who: Any undergraduate or recent graduate seeking hands-on field experience with comprehensive academic preparation.
Where: Bolivia, the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, India, Kenya, South Africa, or Uganda.
When: Summer (June 15 – August 19, 2015) or Fall (September 14 – December 12, 2015)
Why: So many reasons!
• Meaningful cultural immersion through homestays
• Northwestern course credits (the equivalent of 6 semester hours in summer or 12 semester hours in the fall)
• On-the-ground professional experience
• An opportunity to help spark change by working with and empowering community members
• Lifelong friendships with passionate students from around the country, and with development partners around the world
How: Apply online by February 10 for the fall term or March 1 for summer.