The Research Center for Chinese Politics & Business at Indiana University is recruiting a Communications Manager to oversee the Center's diverse communications needs.
· Formulation of communications strategy to foster engagement with Center's audiences
· Management of the Center's website, social media tools, and databases
· Creation, design and production of the Center's publications
· Promotion of the Center's research, events, programs
The ideal candidate will have:
· A minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in public relations or communications
· Professional-level written and spoken English and Chinese
· The ability to work independently and in teams
· Interest in contemporary China
· Familiarity with web design, publishing, and database management software
This is a full-time, professional-level staff position based at either the Center’s Beijing or Bloomington, Indiana office. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and samples of their communications work through Jobs@IU, Job Listing #10676. This sample might include a website, press release or newsletter and should be saved within the file of the either the resume OR cover letter. There is no way to upload additional materials except as part of the cover letter or resume.
Review of applications will begin on April 25, 2014.
With offices in Bloomington, Indiana, and Beijing, China, the RCCPB is dedicated to providing thought leadership on issues that meet at the intersection of Chinese politics and the global world of business. For more information about the center, see http://www.indiana.edu/~rccpb. For questions please contact RCCPB Director Scott Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.