UW-Madison Russian Flagship Program Coordinator
Application Deadline: February 24, 2014
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
· Two years prior experience working in an administrative capacity.
· Experience working in higher education preferred.
· Excellent organizational and office skills.
· Computer proficiency, experience working with databases and spreadsheets.
· Demonstrated communication and writing skills.
Working with the Russian Flagship’s leadership team and with national partners, coordinate the Russian Flagship Program, a U.S. Department of Defense-funded program to provide undergraduate students the opportunity to reach a Superior level proficiency in Russian by graduation.
· Design, develop and implement strategies to publicize the program at national, regional, state and campus levels, and to communicate with all program stakeholders, faculty, staff, tutors and students.
· Develop and implement strategies to create, author and disseminate vibrant print, web and social media (includes authoring content that draws on expertise in foreign language education and/or international studies).
· Write media releases and articles for professional newsletters and other publications. Develop collaborative partnerships with local and national communication outlets to disseminate program information.
· Represent academic goals, assessment procedures and program learning outcomes in all communications, at academic and other professional conferences, and with university and other audiences.
Recruitment and Admissions (20%):
· Develop and implement strategies for national, regional and campus recruitment efforts.
· Write and give presentations about the program at national or regional academic conferences in areas such as foreign language education, international area studies, and study abroad.
· Represent the academic goals of the program at conferences and resource fairs.
· Coordinate admissions, conduct preliminary evaluation of academic credentials and fit with program goals, and serve on admissions committee.
· Develop and sustain partnerships with other campus units to further program’s academic goals.
· Oversee daily management of Russian Flagship Program to maintain compliance with terms of federal award and to meet local needs.
· Develop external grant proposals and write grant reports.
· Participate and represent program at the national Language Flagship annual meeting, working collaboratively throughout the year with federal funders and partner programs on all aspects of program administration.
· Actively participate in research efforts pertaining to the assessment and further development of the Flagship model.
· Oversee student record management, including further developing strategies for improving data management and reporting.
· Manage student scholarship awards.
· Oversee budget for student programming and recruitment, and assist with managing overall program budget
· Develop and implement co-curricular activities and other student academic and cultural programming.
· Other administrative tasks, as needed.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring. A period of evaluation will be required.
For more information on specifics and how to apply, click here.