NAFSA is the world’s largest professional membership association dedicated to international education. The association promotes study abroad for U.S. students, increased access to the United States for foreign students and scholars, and the internationalization of college and university curricula.
The Education Abroad Services department provides comprehensive resources for our members, covering all aspects of quality programs and operations for novice, intermediate, and advanced experience levels in education abroad. The department is also charged with equipping campus decision-makers with knowledge and skills to communicate directly with higher administration regarding education abroad trends, models, and research.
Intern duties include:
- Researching study abroad trends and issues.
- Contribute to writing marketing material for NAFSA events, programs, and products related to Education Abroad.
- Writing coorespondence and creating membership lists.
- Executing departmental administrative duties and other tasks as assigned.
|The ideal candidate will possess innate enthusiasm for international education and initiative to take on a number of unique tasks. The candidate will be creative and a natural problem solver with strong Microsoft Office skills and communication skills to interface with people of all levels. |
Spring Term: The internship is part-time (15-20 hours per week). NAFSA will provide documentation of employment/hours worked if student is seeking academic credit for the internship. The internship is available for one term with the possibility of renewal. Spring term dates are January 2014 – May 2014.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to:
NAFSA Education Abroad Intern Search Committee
NAFSA: Association of International Educators
1307 New York Avenue, NW, 8th floor
Washington, DC 20005
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter, please address:
1) Work experiences you would like to gain through this internship.
2) Your international experience.
3) Your availability.
4) Your familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.