IREX seeks an entry-level Program Associate for its Education Programs Division to provide support to international education programs.
· Work closely with the program team on overall program administration including providing logistical support to program participants and university hosts
· Create, maintain, and update information and financial records of program participants
· Track a wide range of information and data, maintaining accuracy and completeness
· Ensure compliance with organization and donor regulations
· General finance and administrative tasks
· Contribute to the overall success of the project
· Other duties as assigned
Program Officer, Education Programs Division, IREX – Washington, DC
IREX seeks a Program Officer for its Education Programs Division for its international teacher training programs. The Program Officer will report to a Senior Program Officer.
Minimum 3-5 years progressive International Education program management experience;
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in basic and/or secondary education;
Experience in designing and leading teacher professional development workshops using appropriate methods for adult audiences;
International experience, including teaching or working abroad;
Experience developing and monitoring program budgets;
Experience managing subgrants preferred;
Experience working on U.S. government sponsored programs preferred;
Proven supervisory and mentoring skills;
Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and cross-culturally to diverse audiences (oral and written);
Ability to work independently;
Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities; and,
Expertise with Microsoft Office (particularly spreadsheet management) and Web 2.0 tools.