On September 22, the Indiana University student body, the Spierer family and the Bloomington community will join for a free concert to raise awareness for missing student Lauren Spierer.
Shine: Light up Dunn Meadow for Lauren, the free concert in IU’s Dunn Meadow, aims to raise awareness of Lauren’s disappearance by encouraging students to share information that may assist in the search.
A ceremonial walk beginning at 6:20 p.m. from several locations on and around the Bloomington campus will kickoff the event, followed by the concert at 7:00 p.m. The event will conclude with the release of a single lantern into the sky to light the way to truth for Lauren. Concertgoers are asked to download a flashlight app to participate in the moment.
· IU men’s basketball coach Tom Crean and B97’s Matt Thiel will emcee the event.
· Clayton Anderson, Dot Dot Dot, and Daniel Weber and Brice Fox will perform.
· Speakers will include Rabbi Sue of the Hillel Center, Mother Linda of Episcopal Campus Ministry and Rabbi Klein from the Spierer’s hometown.
· Local restaurants will provide free food while representatives from campus safety organizations distribute information.
· Attendees are asked to wear blue, the official color of the search for Lauren, and tweet from the event using the hash tag #Shine4Lauren.
· A live webcast of the event will be broadcast. Details of the broadcast will be announced via Facebook.
· Walking routes and additional information can be found at facebook.com/shine4laurenconcert.
Indiana University junior Lauren Spierer was last seen in Bloomington, Ind., on June 3, 2011, at 4:15 a.m. Lauren is 4’ 11”, 90 lbs., and has blonde hair and blue eyes. Lauren’s family and friends are seeking any information about her disappearance. If you have any information please call the anonymous tip line at 812‐339‐4477 or mail to Find Lauren, P.O. Box 1226, Bloomington, IN 47402.
Email can be sent to email@example.com .
For up‐to‐date information on the search, visit www.FindLauren.com