Lectures, Local Conferences, and Academic Events:
1. Monday October 11: Barbara Skinner, Assistant Professor, History, Indiana State University, "Fault Lines of Faith: Rethinking Orthodox Identity in Russia's Western Borderlands"
2. Tuesday, October 12: Emanuela Grama-Neamtu, PhD candidate in Anthropology, University of Michigan, “Historical Preservation, Ethnic Belonging, and Symbolic Geographies in Contemporary Transylvania”
3. October 7- 9, 2010: Minority Languages in Europe Conference, “Minority Languages in Europe: Successes and Challenges”
4. Monday, October 11, 2010: Kyllike Sillaste-Elling, Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of Estonia, Washington DC, “Estonia and the New Europe”
Calls for Papers and Out-of-State Conferences:
1. CALL FOR PAPERS: Voices of Freedom or Western Provocation? 60 Years of Radio Free Europe in Munich and Prague
7. CALL FOR PAPERS: Languagetalks 2011: Speaking about Boundaries. Multilingualism in Europe and the World
12. CALL FOR PAPERS: Special Issue of Clio: A Journal of Literature, History, and the Philosophy of History "Nationalism, Literature, and National Culture"
13. CALL FOR PAPERS: Keeping The Faith: Successful Strategies to Help Underrepresented Faculty Achieve Tenure and Promotion
Funding, Grants, and Scholarships:
Language Tables and Coffee Hours: